Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Volunteers
PRCA Get Involved in Your Community!
The City of Lynnwood Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department believes that volunteers enhance our ability to maintain and improve the quality of life in the community. We count on our volunteers and their dedication to help provide those services that best meet the diverse needs of the community.
The mission of our Volunteer Program is to bring our citizens together to achieve a stronger, more connected community while enabling Lynnwood Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts to continue to offer an excellent variety of high quality and affordable recreational, educational, and cultural programs through the use of volunteer expertise.
Areas of volunteer interest include Aquatics Programs, Senior Center, trail maintenance, clerical work and much more! Our volunteers range in age from thirteen on up, and many times work directly with the public in providing customer service to the community. Our volunteers do tremendous work and have great fun as well!
Benefits of becoming a volunteer
The benefits of becoming a volunteer with Lynnwood’s Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts are endless:
- Meet new people and make friends
- Learn new skills and receive recognition and appreciation
- Set an example for others
- Earn service learning hours
- Create lasting memories and friendships with fellow volunteers
- Get involved in your community and make it a better place.
- Minimum age: 13 years
- Minors will need a parent waiver to be signed before participating
- Adults are required to submit to a background check before volunteering
- We may receive more applications than positions available. In this case, a waitlist will be created.
The City of Lynnwood Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department has numerous opportunities for individuals who are interested in sharing their time and talents. These opportunities require varying time commitments, skills and work focus. You are sure to find something just right for you.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to discussing these opportunities with you. Finding the volunteer opportunity that best suits your skills, availability, and expectations can make all the difference.