Scheduled Curbside Collection and Drop-off Facilities
Curbside Recycling and Disposal services for customers:
Garbage service is required for all property owners within the City of Lynnwood.
Lynnwood has two waste hauling companies that serve within the city:
- For the area East of Hwy 99: contact Waste Management toll-free at 1-800-592-9995.
- For the area West of Hwy 99: contact Republic Services at (425) 778-0188. (Formerly Allied Waste)
Beyond the Curb
Drop Off Locations:
Snohomish County’s Southwest Transfer Station in Mountlake Terrace provides service for both garbage haulers and recyclers. Garbage brought to the station is charged at a base rate of $105 a ton. There are minimum fees for pickup trucks and passenger vehicles. Call 425-388-3429 for a recorded message on the fees, operating hours, etc. The station's adjacent Recycling Area offers free recycling, to residents of the following materials:
- Used motor oil
- Used antifreeze
- Used oil filters
- Scrap metal (includes household appliances, except refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and heat pumps)
- Vehicle batteries
- Fluorescent lights, tubes and compact fluorescent bulbs
- Household propane tanks (empty)
- Rechargeable batteries (from cellphones, laptops, power tools, etc.)
- This County operated Transfer Station is located at 21311 61st Place W. (just off of 212th St. SW).
- Please visit the Snohomish County Solid Waste Facilities web page for a listing of transfer station hours and holiday schedules.
Snohomish County Solid Waste Management Division: (425) 388-3425
City of Lynnwood Recycling Coordinator: (425) 670-5244