Snow Plow Route Priorities
The City of Lynnwood has an updated map of high priority snow plow routes . The outline below is a listing of the city road maintenance priorities during a snow event.
- The city’s highest priority is plowing and sanding major arterials so that emergency first responders (Police, Fire and Public Works) are able to get in and around the city to provide essential services and keep the city operational. On the Snow Plow Routes map you will see two levels of the city's highest priorities:
- First priorities are the red marked streets.
- Second priorities are the green marked streets.
- The city’s next priorities are some of the steepest streets throughout the city.
- The city’s next priorities are the minor arterials and connection streets.
- The city’s final priorities are all the other neighborhood streets. These are usually sanded and plowed at night for safety reasons, when traffic is low.