Human Services Commission
The Human Services Commission is an advisory commission of the city of Lynnwood. The Commission shall focus on meeting the needs of Lynnwood's lower income residents, the homeless, seniors, veterans, victims of abuse, youth and other needs the Commission finds to be underserved. The Commission shall have the power and responsibility to perform the following functions:
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Mayor and City Council in regards to meeting the human services needs of the greater Lynnwood community;
- Prepare and maintain the Lynnwood Human Services Plan for adoption by the City Council;
- Prioritize community human services needs;
- Evaluate proposals that would seek to use city resources to meet human services needs;
- Evaluate program success in meeting service goals; and
- Advocate for funding and other resources required to meet identified services needs.
Members of the Commission shall be appointed to a three-year term. Members shall represent the general citizenry and have an interest in human services and a commitment to human services. Individuals with knowledge and understanding of human services, such as a background that provides experience in addressing the needs of youth, seniors, veterans, homeless, is highly desirable.
This Commission was created by the Lynnwood City Council in November of 2015.
|Position #||Member||Term Expires|
|#1||Julio Cortes||May 31, 2018|
|#2||Peter Schmidt||May 31, 2018|
|#3||Kathy Coffey||May 31, 2019|
|#4||Sandi Farkas||May 31, 2019|
|#5||Pam Hurst||May 31, 2019|
|#6||Michelle Reitan||May 31, 2020|
|#7||Mary Anne Dillon||May 31, 2020|
|Council Liaison||Shirley Sutton|
- 2017-03-17 Meeting Agenda
- 2017-02-02 Meeting Agenda
- 2017-01-05 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-12-01 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-11-03 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-10-06 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-09-01 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-08-04 Meeting Cancellation Notice
- 2016-07-07 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-06-02 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-05-05 Meeting Agenda
- 2016-04-06 Meeting Agenda
If you would like more information on the Human Services Commission, please contact staff liaison Chanda Emery at email@example.com or 425-670-5411.
Are you interested in joining a Board or Commission? Visit our Volunteer Page to see a listing of current vacancies and to fill out a Board and Commission application.