Councilmember Shannon Sessions
Send email to Shannon
Shannon Sessions - Council Position #7
I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve as one of Lynnwood’s City Council members and I don’t take the trust you have in me for granted. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions, concerns, need resources or would just like to brainstorm new ideas for our city.
As a longtime Lynnwood resident and homeowner, I am prepared to serve you in this important position.
My extensive public and professional involvement gives me a unique understanding of, and experience with, the challenges Lynnwood’s facing. I’ve enjoyed working closely with the Mayor, Councilmembers, City Department Directors and other regional leaders in continuing to make Lynnwood a better place to live, work and play.
We will maintain our pro-active approach towards public safety, enhance and guide economic growth and foster an environment where families, seniors and businesses can thrive. As Lynnwood develops into a major regional center, we must have a vested interest in maintaining a high quality of life for its residents.
- Owner of Safety Sessions, a Lynnwood-based safety consulting firm.
- 8+ years Crime Prevention Specialist and Former Public Information Officer (PIO) for our Lynnwood Police Department.
- 8+ years Editor/Writer for the Enterprise Newspapers, covering government and public safety issues for South Snohomish County.
- Served my country as a Firefighter in the United States Air Force, active duty.
- Member of the Lynnwood VFW Post 1040.
- Member of the Lynnwood Mayor’s 2015 Veteran Round Table.
- Married 23 years. Our five children attend and/or graduated from the Edmonds School District. I am a graduate of Meadowdale High School (The Chiefs) and have a Bachelor’s Degree in
- Communications/Journalism from the University of Washington.
- Longtime Rotary Club of Lynnwood Board Member.
- 20 + Years of volunteering in schools, at our church and other local organizations.
In addition, I’m proud to have been elected by my peers as the Council representative to the Lynnwood Tourism Advisory Board again and appointed by our Council President to serve on the city’s Audit & Insurance/Finance Committee and as the council liaison for the PFD (Public Facility District) Board and city’s Historical Commission. As a military Veteran on the Council, I will also continue to meet with our regional Veteran experts as a member of our Mayor’s Veteran Round Table and the new Hero’s Café committee.