About the Executive Department
Communications & Public Affairs Manager
Visit the City Departments page for City Hall office hours and location.
The Executive Department coordinates and directs the overall administration of all City departments. The Executive Department is directed by the Mayor, who is the Administrative head of the City government. The Mayor is directly supported by the Executive Assistant and Assistant City Administrator.
The Mayor is an elected position and serves a four year term.
The ongoing functions of the Executive Department include:
- Overall management of all City functions and services
- Implementing Council policies and directives
- Providing Intergovernmental coordination
- City representation
- Liaison between Council and staff
- Budget preparation and implementation
- Regular and special reports
- Coordinating the activities of various departments
- Providing the guidance and support for the development of effective programs
- Providing the planning, evaluation, analysis, control, and general management of the programs