Become a park service volunteer and help improve Lynnwood's parks, open space and trail systems. Volunteer projects include wildlife habitat enhancement, invasive plant removal, planting, debris removal and trail construction. Individuals, groups and special projects are welcome.
Volunteers help to maintain and improve Lynnwood's parks. Our park service volunteers of all ages contribute many hours and have great fun along the way!
The Park Volunteer Program offers a variety of ways to help Lynnwood's parks. You can join an upcoming work party or identify your own group work party. Tools, gloves and equipment are provided. All ages are welcome to participate.
For all work parties, please dress for the weather conditions and wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes or boots that can get wet and muddy. Youth under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult and all youth under 18 must complete a general release and waiver signed by a guardian.
Download General Release Form
Potential Park & Trail Duties
- Identify and pull invasive plants
- Add surfacing when needed, such as crushed rock, mulch or bark
- Cut back vegetation from encroaching on trail or pathway (within 4 ft standard)
- Pull weeds
- Edge flower beds
- Clean graffiti off surfaces
- Pick up litter
- Report any damages
- Occasional plantings
- Repaint benches, picnic tables & wood signs
- Complete annual report on activities, and track hours