Lynnwood Swim School
We value lifelong aquatic activities and offer instruction for all ages and abilities with a foundation of safety, fun and learning. The Lynnwood Swim School has two categories:
- Safety School
While every level is rooted in safety, our first 4 levels for preschoolers and youth age kids are designed to help participants feel comfortable and have skill sets to help keep them safe in, on and around the water. We help students understand the safest ways to move through the water, exploring all areas of the pool and discuss water safety outside of the pool setting.
- Stroke Development School
Once students have learned to keep themselves safe in, on and around the water, we can begin to introduce swimming for fitness. There are four levels for students to progress through in the Stroke Development School. We put a strong focus on technique and efficiency.
When and How to Register
All levels besides the entry levels for each age group require a registration code. We offer free swim placement tests that take just 10 minutes and help to ensure you register for the correct level. Registration codes are given at your swim placement test. Book your test today at 425-670-5528.
On the registration dates listed below, you may:
- Online: online registration begins at 12:00am midnight.
You will need to have an account number and PIN number prior to registration. It takes 24 hours to receive your account and PIN from an online request, or you can call the Rec Center to get your account information right away. You will need your prerequisite code from your swim placement test slip, unless you are enrolling in a level 1 class that has no prerequisite.
- Call Us: at 425-670-5732 during regular facility hours.
- Come In: Walk-in registration begins at 5:30 am on the registration dates listed below at the Lynnwood Recreation Center, 18900 44th Ave W, Lynnwood
Our swim lesson program is very popular. Registering close to the opening of online registration will give you the highest likelihood of securing a spot in our lesson program.
If you are unable to secure a spot in a class that meets your needs, please call the Recreation Center at 425-670-5528 and ask to be put on a waiting list. We make adjustments to our program and add classes as we are able based upon demand from the wait list.
Session fees are calculated at $6.00/class; 45-minute class fees are $6.50/class.
What to expect for your first day of swim lessons
When you arrive at the Recreation Center, you may go straight to the locker rooms to get changed into your swim suit, you will not need to check in at the customer service desk.
- Head to the pool deck to find your class space.
- You will need to know what level you are enrolled in and what time it starts. It’s helpful if you have your receipt, but is not necessary.
- Once on the pool deck, look for signs and the Aquatic supervisory staff to direct you to where your class is.
- There will be an Aquatic supervisor available during lessons to help you find where you need to be and answer any questions you might have
- What to bring
- Goggles are allowed but not required for levels 3 and above. We do not use goggles in levels 1 and 2. We want to ensure students can be comfortable without their goggles before they move on to learning to do skills independently.
- Towel- have towel ready on the pool deck to dry your student after class to help keep them warm.
- Flip flops or deck shoes (nice, but not necessary)
- Swim diaper with protective cover if the student is not potty trained
- Parent Participation Day
- The fifth day of class each session of lessons is Parent Participation Day. We encourage parents to get in the water and learn how to assist their child in practicing their water safety and swim skills. This is an excellent opportunity for you to see first hand your child’s progress.