Lynnwood Recreation Center
18900 44th Ave W
Need some assistance to meet a new health or fitness goal? Personal Trainers offer individualized or partner fitness sessions that tailor to your unique health goals.
These 60-minute personalized sessions are scheduled with the personal trainer of your choice; dates and times are set between you and your trainer. If your selected personal trainer is unavailable, we will contact a different trainer to see if he / she is open for your desired training time slot.
Meet the Trainers
- Theresa Trinka-Hoard
Eighteen years ago, Theresa was 85 pounds overweight and realized she needed to adopt a new lifestyle and get healthy. Her approach was to start running and change eating habits. Since that time, Theresa has completed numerous racing events, ranging from sprint triathlons and short distance running and cycling events to endurance races, including five Ironman competitions. Theresa's goal is to help you reach your fitness goals. As an added benefit, she is able to observe the positive changes that spill over into other areas of our life. Training improves not only physical fitness, but mental and emotional health as well. Theresa trains using an integrated approach by improving balance, stability, and core strength as well as flexibility, strength, and cardio. "Aside from all my triathalon and racing activities, I love spending time with my husband and four kids," says Theresa. Theresa received the 2004 Iron Spirit Award Ironman Canada and was featured in King 5 Health News Segment, "55 Ways to Stay Young."
- Ron Simmons
Ron has been involved with fitness training continuously for the past 27 years. He started his career as a full time personal trainer in the early 90s working for some of the busiest and most popular health clubs in the Seattle area. Early on in his training career he spent time focusing on the development of programs for bodybuilders which involved the exercises, dietary plans and motivation needed to progress them to competition levels.
He now incorporates training techniques that focus on the whole body and mind. Healthy eating plans, strength maintenance, cardiovascular programs and motivation are designed for individuals that want to stay active, fit and healthy long term. His workouts are customized to meet your fitness level and will gradually progress in intensity as needed using proper technique to help you progress without injury.
“I believe that to fully enjoy all of the engaging activities that life has to offer for the rest of your life, it is imperative to learn how to get fit and stay healthy.” When not involved with training Ron enjoys spending time with his wife and family traveling, hiking and socializing with friends.
- Do I have to be a member to hire a personal trainer?
No – you do not need to purchase an annual membership or 10-visit card in order to train in our cardio / weight room. You can purchase your sessions in person or over the phone with a customer service representative. If you would like to have access to the pool, sauna, hot tub and cardio/weight room outside of your personal training sessions you would have to purchase an annual membership or a 10 visit punch card.
- What are the benefits of personal training?
Personal training assists their clients in various physical, mental and emotional ways. Fitness trainers create specialized programs based upon your short and long term goals. People of all fitness levels, knowledge and experience hire personal trainers for weight loss, sport specific training, muscle toning, stress release, improve balance, proper body mechanics, nutrition advice and defeating bad habits. Cliental success is achievable through health education and program progression provided by your fitness coach / trainer.
- What are the prices for personal training?
Individual and partner sessions are available in a single or multiple session are available for purchase. Partner training package rate are eligible for two people to register at the same time and will be charged the full amount for two people. Want to train with a partner but don’t have one? No worries, check in our cardio / weight room for other interested clients.
Individual Personal Training - 60 minute Sessions
3 Sessions @ $50 = $150
5 Sessions @ $48 = $240
10 Session @ $46 = $460
20 Session @ $43 = $860
Partner Personal Training - 60 Minute Sessions
*Price listed is based per person*
3 Sessions @ $33 / per person = $99
5 Session @ $30 / per person = $150
10 Session @ $28 / per person = $280
20 Session @ $26 / per person = $520
Personal Training Policies
- Participating in the cardio / weight room program acknowledges the inherent risk of injury or death that may result in the program. A medical clearance maybe required if you should have a family or medical history and/or current risk of cardiac disease. A 24 hour notice is required upon any cancellations of appointments. No call, no show appointment results in the loss of the program fee or is recognized as one personal training session. Rescheduled ‘no call – no show’ appointments are subject to an additional purchase of the program fee. The client and the trainer will establish a means of communication in the case of a cancellation or emergency. Personal trainers have the right to stop a program in session if he or she feels that the participant is at medical risk for illness or injury. It is the client’s responsibility to inform the trainer of all injuries or medical issues that require an alternation or modification to your training program.
- Medical history, PAR-Q’s, and payment of sessions are required before the training sessions commence. If the client is at risk or has a family history for heart disease - or is recovering from a medical injury or surgery – a doctor’s clearance maybe required before a trainer can initiate training. In addition, it is advisable to inform your trainer of any current medications or beta blockers that may alter your heart rate or training performance. Some trainers may choose to have a fitness assessment as the first training session. This evaluation determines a person’s current fitness level, body composition and BMI.
- Personal training packages and fees are non-refundable.
- Individual exception requests should be directed to Kelly Schudde at 425-670-5515.