Public Records Portal

Records Request Portal
Powered By GovQA

Police Survey

How Do I Get..........

The Support Services Division of the Lynnwood Police Department offers services and incident/case report information to members of the community. The following are some of the most asked questions.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please Contact us here.

A copy of a police report or accident report?

  • Copies of Lynnwood Police accident reports are available to involved parties. You can request your report on line at Docview.us.com.    
  • Washington State Accident Report forms are available from any police Department or you may obtain one from the Washington State Patrol website: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/publications/collision.htm The forms are also available at the front counter of the Lynnwood Police Department.
  • Copies of police reports can be made via our online portal.

My police record ?            

  • You can obtain a complete copy of your conviction history by contacting the Washington State Patrol at  360 705-5100  or via WSP WATCH (Washington Access to Criminal History). The Lynnwood Police Department can provide you with copies of incidents that you were involved in which occurred within our city limits. Depending upon the circumstances, you may be entitled to the entire report, or simply a portion thereof. You are required to sign for your report, and therefore must pick it up in person. Visit the Contacts & Services page for station location and hour of operation.

My fingerprints taken?

  • Fingerprinting is offered on Wednesdays from 1:00-3:45 PM and starting 11/21/15 on Saturdays from 9 to noon. No appointment is necessary. There will be NO fingerprinting on December 24.
  • The cost is $10.00 for up to 2 cards and $2.50 for each additional card. The entity requesting that you be fingerprinted should provide you with the fingerprint cards. If you were not provided with fingerprint cards, or your card is not on the standardized FBI format you can down load it from this site: downloaded from the FBI website and print on card stock paper. 
  • The City of Lynnwood offers fingerprinting services for all members of the public, regardless of city of residence. Your card must be filled out completely, using black ink, before you can be printed. A sample card is available at the front desk of the police station for you to review.  

A Concealed Pistol License (CPL)?

You must be a resident of the City of Lynnwood to obtain a Concealed Pistol License (CPL). The address used for your application must match the address on your drivers license. If you have a Lynnwood address, but are unsure if you live within the city limits, you are welcome to call  425-670-5600  to have your address verified. 

        For a NEW CPL application:

  • The cost of an initial CPL is $52.50. The permit is valid for five years. You may obtain an application and be fingerprinted on Wednesday or Saturday (see hours above).   Visit the Contacts & Services page for station location information.

        For RENEWAL of a CPL:

  • You may renew a CPL up to 90 days before its expiration or up to 90 days after the expiration (with a $10.00 late fee). If you are unable to renew your CPL within these time limits, you will need to start over with an initial CPL application. The cost of renewing a CPL is $32.00.

        For REPLACEMENT of a CPL:

  • If you lose your CPL, you may obtain a replacement for $10.00. We can only issue a replacement for a CPL originally obtained through Lynnwood Police Department.

Washington State accident report?

  • You are required to complete a Washington State Accident report if there was NO police report taken, the damage from the accident exceeds $1,000 and/or there were injuries.
  • Washington State Accident Report forms are available from any police Department. You can pick one up anytime at the Lynnwood Police Department.

Information on how to report collisions?

  • Washington State Law requires that all collisions involving injury, death or property damage in excess of $1,000 be reported within ten (10) days to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
  • In most cases law enforcement responds to these collisions and a police report/collision report has been completed and is forwarded to the Washington State Patrol and Department of Motor Vehicles. If this is the case you do not need to complete the self-reporting forms.

A pet license?

Any pet (cat or dog) over the age of 6 months is required to have a valid city animal license. Animal licenses are $40 for each animal and are valid for one year from the date of purchase. If your pet has been either spayed or neutered the annual license fee is reduced to $20. Your pet will qualify for a discounted $10 annual license if it is spayed or neutered and you show proof of it being micro-chipped. 

Bail posted?

Bail can be posted in the following forms (with proper identification):

  • Bail bond from court approved bonding company (current list of approved bonding companies is available at the front counter of Lynnwood Police Department)
  • Cashier's check made out to the City of Lynnwood
  • Money order made out to the City of Lynnwood
  • We strongly recommend that you call 425 670-5600 to inquire as to what the charges are, the exact dollar amount and whether the bail is bondable or cash only.