26th annual Citizen's Academy starts on January 12th, 2017 with classes held every Thursday evening at 7:00 PM.Registration Closed
The Lynnwood Police Department's 26th annual session of its CITIZENS ACADEMY will start January 12th, 2017. This 14 week program helps familiarize the public with common police procedures, activities and investigative techniques. Classes are held every Thursday evening from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM in the courtroom at the Civic Justice Center. There is no charge for this class, although space is limited. More than thirty officers participate as instructors, resulting in positive feedback for the Department, the City, and law enforcement in general.
Sessions are interactive and participants take part in a variety of demonstrations, presentations and field trips. Class members are also offered a ride-along with a patrol officer to see police work first-hand and close-up.
Classes may include:
- Investigate a mock homicide scene
- Lift and examine fingerprints and explore other crime scene workshops
- Learn about current narcotics trends and enforcement
- Experience a jailhouse dinner and tour of the cells
- Ride along with a patrol officer on shift
- See a SWAT demonstration and canine searches
- Learn practical information on use of force and personal safety
- Learn how you can volunteer with the police department
A recent class experienced a mock-up of a crime scene and learned how it was processed by Crime Scene Technicians.
For More Information about future classes Contact the Lynnwood Police Department Crime Prevention office at 425-670-5635 or 5639.