COVID-19 Play Lynnwood Updates
The City’s priority is protecting the health and safety of our visitors. Always follow Public Health guidelines when visiting Lynnwood Parks and Facilities.
- Visit a Park or Facility – Stay 6 feet apart
- Wear a face mask if you cannot maintain a 6 foot physical distance
- Bring your own water – drinking fountains remain off until further notice
- Avoid gathering in groups
- Wash your hands often and carry hand sanitizer
- Stay home if sick
- Stop and knock – restrooms are limited to one user or family at a time
Parks, trails, and open space remain OPEN
- Park restrooms remain open limited to single use.
- Tennis courts remain open for same household players.
- Playgrounds and sport courts will REOPEN October 1.
- Lynndale Dog Park and Skate Park will REOPEN October 1.
- Picnic Shelters open only for same household users.
- Meadowdale Playfields open only for authorized field rentals; no drop-in play allowed.
Facility and Park Rentals
- All private shelter rentals are canceled until Phase 3; picnic shelters are anticipated to reopen during Phase 3 and will be available by reservation limited to groups fewer than 50 people.
- Limited athletic field rentals are available. Contact Travis Hutchins at thutchins@LynnwoodWA.gov or 425-670-5517 for more information.
- The City will not be accepting facility rental or tournament applications for future reservations until there is more certainty about the timeline and guidelines for athletic field operations to resume.
Recreation Center/Senior Center
- The Recreation Center is closed with the exception of the lap pool, wellness pool, and a few Fitness Classes, which are open with limited capacity.
- To register for a session by phone, please call 425-670-5732, or online, by logging in to your account and looking for Facility Access - Lap and Wellness Pool Access, Facility Access - Group Fitness (To go directly to our online registration page, click here.)
- The Senior Center is closed until further notice. Please call the Senior Center at 425-670-5050 to hear about their virtual class options.
- Please call the Lynnwood Recreation Center at 425-670-5732 to hear about their virtual class options.
- There will be no in person registrations of programs.
- We are putting on account a prorated refund for all canceled classes.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, we put a freeze on all annual pass memberships and membership payments until we re-open.
- All other passes will be extended by the length of our closure.
- Swim lesson registration has been postponed until further notice.
Procedures for visiting the Recreation Center
- You will need to register in advance for a session/program
- Each session will have a limited capacity
- Each session will be 1 hour long, followed by a 15-minute cleaning and sanitizing break before the next session starts
- Each session will cost $6 for non-residents and $5 for residents or individuals who have memberships
- Group Fitness classes will cost $7 for non-residents and $6 for residents or individuals who have memberships
- Upon entry of the building:
- You will need to sign a waiver to participate if you have not done so at registration.
- We will perform health screenings of all patrons as they enter the building
- Patrons are asked to wear a face covering when they are in the facility
- Face coverings will not be required in the pool, on the pool deck, or when exercising strenuously
- In the wellness pool we will ask that you practice social distancing to the best of your ability
- We ask that you limit the use of locker rooms by coming in your bathing suit and leaving in your bathing suit
A COVID supervisor will be on site to answer any questions
For City of Lynnwood Covid-19 updates on events, meetings, and City buildings, visit: COVID-19 City Updates