Safe Routes to Schools
Safe Routes to School (SRTS) programs use a comprehensive approach to make school routes safe for children to walk and bicycle. Community leaders, parents and schools are using these programs to better the lives of their children one step at a time.
A successful Safe Routes to School program is a sustained effort that involves bringing the right mix of people together, identifying the issue and finding way to improve walking and bicycling conditions.
Safe Routes to School programs work to:
- Assess the safety of school travel routes
- Encourage more walking and bicycling to school through fun promotions and events
- Make engineering changes such as building sidewalks, improving streets crossings and training crossing guards
- Educate students, parents and drivers about safe travel
- Promote safe walking and bicycling throughout the community
To learn more visit:
Questions? Contact Marielle Harrington at mharrington@LynnwoodWA.gov or 425-670-5532