Jim Smith serves on Council Position #4 and was elected in 2019.
About Jim Smith
Jim was born in Seattle, graduated from Edmonds High School, and has two bachelor’s degrees from CWU: business administration and law & justice. He is happily married to Sherry, has four adult daughters and, two grandchildren (finally!). He and his wife live in the Lynndale area of Lynnwood.
“There are many important items we need to address in Lynnwood, but the three urgent priorities are reducing high taxes, increased homelessness with open drug use on our streets, as well as enhancing our public safety. I have known the heart and soul of Lynnwood for over four decades and promise to serve, and care for, all of our Lynnwood residents. I am committed to bring to the City of Lynnwood Vision, Experience and Integrity.”
Dedicated to his community, Jim has been involved in multiple civic organizations throughout the years. For nine years he has been closely involved with the homeless and has worked with senior housing facilities providing nearly 175 “music therapy” shows each year.
Community Involvement (Past and Present)
- Chairman Snohomish County Board of Health
- Disability Board member for Police and Fire
- Active with Neighbors in Need helping the homeless
- Angel Flight member and pilot
- Parks Board Liaison
- State President of the Washington Pilots Association
- City Council President
- Founder and President Lynnwood Chamber
- Fire Department Liaison
- Rotary International member and officer
- Board Member WSDOT Aviation Advisory Board
- Junior Achievement Instructor
- Longtime member Trinity Lutheran Church
- Member WA Air Search and Rescue
- Library Board Liaison
- Jaycees Local and State President
- Edmonds Community College Business Mgmt Board
- South County Court Advisory Board