Please review the following checklist to facilitate the process and to help keep our volunteers safe and efficient. We wish you safe travels.
☐ Clear paths so they are free of obstacles. Secure lawn furniture and put away ladders, garden hoses, tools, and other equipment.
☐ Ensure that gates are in good working order so that we can access your backyard. If there is no access to the backyard, we cannot check it.
☐ Clean up any ‘pet deposits’ in your yard.
☐ Advise the individuals on your contact list that they may hear from an LPD officer or volunteer if there are any concerns or questions.
☐ Avoid having packages delivered during your absence.
- Are you expecting any FedEx or UPS packages while you are away? Make a note of it on your form.
- Notify your credit card company of your trip and destination.
- Make sure your contact person has your itinerary and knows how to reach you in case of an emergency.
- Secure all outside doors and windows, including storage sheds and other exterior buildings.
- Make your home look occupied while you are away, e.g. lights and or radios on timers.