Pre-development meetings are a valuable resource in the processing of your application, particularly if you are unfamiliar with City standards, required permits, or if your proposal is complex or needs multiple approvals. Prospective applicants for building permits, State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) review, subdivision, or other land use action, permit or approval may find it useful to request a pre-development meeting.
At a cost of $200, this meeting provides you with an opportunity to discuss your proposal with City staff prior to submitting a formal application. Upon formal application, the fee of $200 will be credited towards your development review charges.
In order to apply for a Pre-Development Planning Meeting, you will need to:
- Go to the DBS Portal
- Create an account on the DBS Online Portal
- Click Apply and search for Pre-development Planning Meeting
- Fill out the online application and questionnaire
- Submit at minimum a PDF site plan, which can be conceptual (does not have to be designed for formal plan review)
- Provide as much detail in your application as you can
DBS Online Portal