Building and Construction Permits
Staff at Lynnwood Development & Business Services (DBS) are responsible for reviewing and issuing a wide variety of permits and land use applications, including residential and commercial building permits, boundary line adjustments, subdivisions, clearing and grading, and others.
The permit(s) you will need depends on what you are trying to do, as there are many factors to consider for different types of land use and construction. Click on the links below for more detailed information about each topic area. Once you know what forms and checklists you will need, you can begin your permit process.
IMPORTANT BUILDING CODE UPDATES
The 2018 Washington State Building Code will be effective February 1, 2021 and comprised of the following codes:
- 2018 International Building Code (Includes adoption of and amendments to the 2018 International Existing Building Code and ICC/ANSI A117.1 2009, and the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code)
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 Washington State Energy Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2020 NEC Electrical Code