The Earth needs you and Lynnwood needs you for Earth Day 2021!
Scientists are reporting the earth’s ozone hole is the smallest it’s been in decades due to the changes in our daily lives from COVID-19. While these changes to our daily lives will not be forever each one of us can commit to making small sustainable changes in restoring our planet. A lot of small changes can lead to big changes.
Celebrate Earth Day by playing Earth Day BINGO! See how many squares you can complete IN April!
Here are some additional ideas on how to celebrate Earth Day on Thursday, April 22 while being socially responsible and safe.
- Plant a tree, or two.
- Start a garden.
- Pull out invasive plants in your yard or garden and replace them with native ones.
- Use cloth towels instead of paper ones.
- Change your paper bills to online billing.
- You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
- Read documents online instead of printing them.
- Set your office printer to print two-sided.
- Reduce your meat consumption to curb carbon emissions from the livestock industry.
- Compost kitchen scraps for use in your garden — turning waste into fertilizer.
- Take a shorter or fewer showers – seems an easy one right now!
- Fix leaky faucets and shower heads.
- Turn off and unplug electronics you’re not using – this includes turning off your computer at night especially as so many are working from home.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
For more information on Earth Day ideas visit: