The Human Services Commission is an advisory commission of the city of Lynnwood. The Commission shall focus on meeting the needs of Lynnwood's lower income residents, the homeless, seniors, veterans, victims of abuse, youth and other needs the Commission finds to be underserved. The Commission shall have the power and responsibility to perform the following functions:
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Mayor and City Council in regards to meeting the human services needs of the greater Lynnwood community;
- Prepare and maintain the Lynnwood Human Services Plan for adoption by the City Council;
- Prioritize community human services needs;
- Evaluate proposals that would seek to use city resources to meet human services needs;
- Evaluate program success in meeting service goals; and
- Advocate for funding and other resources required to meet identified services needs.