How Do I Get...
The Support Services Division of the Lynnwood Police Department offers services and incident/case report information to members of the community. The following are some of the most asked questions.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please Contact us here.
A copy of a police report or accident report?
My police record?
- You can obtain a complete copy of your conviction history by contacting the Washington State Patrol at 360 705-5100 or via WSP WATCH (Washington Access to Criminal History). The Lynnwood Police Department can provide you with copies of incidents that you were involved in which occurred within our city limits. Depending upon the circumstances, you may be entitled to the entire report, or simply a portion thereof. You are required to sign for your report, and therefore must pick it up in person. Visit the Police Department main page for station location and hour of operation.
My fingerprints taken?
- Until further notice, we are suspending ALL public fingerprinting services. This section will be updated once services are resumed. We apologize for any inconvenience during this suspension.
A Concealed Pistol License (CPL)?
You must be a resident of the City of Lynnwood to obtain a Concealed Pistol License (CPL). The address used for your application must match the address on your drivers license. Please go to our CPL portal to begin the application process and verify you live within the city limits.
For a NEW CPL application:
- The cost of an initial CPL is $52.50. The permit is valid for five years. You may obtain an application and be fingerprinted on Wednesday or Saturday (see hours above). Visit the Police Department main page for station location information.
For RENEWAL of a CPL:
- You may renew a CPL up to 90 days before its expiration or up to 90 days after the expiration (with a $10.00 late fee). If you are unable to renew your CPL within these time limits, you will need to start over with an initial CPL application. The cost of renewing a CPL is $32.00.
For REPLACEMENT of a CPL:
- If you lose your CPL, you may obtain a replacement for $10.00. We can only issue a replacement for a CPL originally obtained through Lynnwood Police Department.
Washington State accident report?
- You are required to complete a Washington State Accident report if there was NO police report taken, the damage from the accident exceeds $1,000 and/or there were injuries.
- Washington State Accident Report forms are available from any police Department. You can pick one up anytime at the Lynnwood Police Department.
Information on how to report collisions?
- Washington State Law requires that all collisions involving injury, death or property damage in excess of $1,000 be reported within ten (10) days to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- In most cases law enforcement responds to these collisions and a police report/collision report has been completed and is forwarded to the Washington State Patrol and Department of Motor Vehicles. If this is the case you do not need to complete the self-reporting forms.
A pet license?
Identifying Tags Required. All dogs and cats over the age of six months within the city limits must have attached or affixed to the animal an identifying tag except:
- Dogs and cats whose owners are nonresidents temporarily within the city;
- Dogs and cats brought into the city for the purpose of participating in shows, exhibits, or competitions; and
- Dogs and cats kept and intended for sale by licensed pet stores; and homeless or feral animals.
The animal’s owner shall affix to the animal a tag that at a minimum contains the address where the animal’s owner resides and a telephone number where the owner of the animal may be contacted. Additional information may be placed on the tag but is not mandatory.
Bail can be posted in the following forms (with proper identification):
- Bail bond from court approved bonding company (current list of approved bonding companies is available at the front counter of Lynnwood Police Department)
- Cashier's check made out to the City of Lynnwood
- Money order made out to the City of Lynnwood
- We strongly recommend that you call 425 670-5648 to inquire as to what the charges are, the exact dollar amount and whether the bail is bondable or cash only.