Social Media Policy
We welcome your input and positive interactions.
We encourage two-way communication using social media. Our social media is monitored by the Communications Officer and other authorized staff, and we will respond to messages as soon as we can. However, social media is not monitored 24-hours a day, seven days a week. While we encourage debate and discussion, we request commenters stay respectful and on topic. A comment may be deleted if it violates our comment policy described below.
Before posting on this page, please review these terms:
- Comments posted by others on the official City of Lynnwood Government pages are not to be considered the opinion of the city; nor does the City of Lynnwood Government accounts endorse any third-party comments.
- City of Lynnwood Government social media platforms are not monitored 24-hours a day, seven days a week, do not report emergencies through social media, please call 911.
- The City of Lynnwood Government social media platforms welcomes a person’s right to express their opinion and encourages participants to keep comments related to topic of a particular posting.
- The City of Lynnwood Government moderators reserve the right to remove, hide and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate or abusive material as determined by the city. The city’s moderators will hide or remove comments for the following reasons:
- Comments not related to the business or work of the City or to the particular social media article being commented upon may be deleted.
- Multiple or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted may be deleted.
- Obscene, violent, profane, sexual or harassing language is not allowed. Links to sites containing obscene, violent, profane, sexual or harassing content are not allowed.
- Statements that are defamatory, libelous or knowingly false with reckless disregard for the truth are not allowed.
- Copyrighted material posted without permission or content that violates the legal ownership interests of another party is not allowed.
- Commercial advertisement or solicitation is not allowed.
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity are not allowed.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems is not allowed.
- Personal information such as identification numbers, phone numbers or email addresses should not be posted and may be removed.
- We strictly prohibit discriminatory messages. We will delete hateful speech of any kind toward any group, including age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
Posting or interacting on City of Lynnwood Government social media platforms constitutes acceptance of these terms. Also, keep in mind that our social media channels are internet pages that are owned and operated by social media companies. All of these companies have their own policies and standards regarding what may or may not be posted and the actions they may take with regard to unauthorized posts.
Questions? Contact Communications & Public Affairs Officer Julie Moore at jmoore@Lynnwoodwa.gov or 425-670-5023.