Per RCW 36.70A.130, the City of Lynnwood is required to periodically update its comprehensive plan and development regulations. The last major update the City completed was in 2015, with minor amendments occurring annually.
The Comprehensive Plan annual amendment process consists of three phases (Chapter 18.04 LMC):
- Phase 1 (Spring): Review the proposed amendment list (PAL) and determine which of the proposed amendments should be further evaluated (adopted PAL/docket).
- Phase 2 (Summer): Staff review of amendments on adopted PAL.
- Phase 3 (Fall/Winter): Legislative process to consider proposed amendments.
2021 Proposed Amendments
In 2021, the City received three proposals for amendments to the Comprehensive Plan. Two are amendments to subarea plans and were submitted by City staff. The third amendment was proposed by Housing Hope and Edmonds School District to change the future land use (FLU) designation of a site (with a concurrent rezone). On June 28, 2021, City Council placed all three proposals on the docket for further staff review.
Proposed Amendments - Application Materials:
- College District Subarea Plan Application Materials (CPL-009773-2021)(PDF, 1MB)
- Highway 99 Subarea Plan Application Materials (CPL-009774-2021)(PDF, 1MB)
- Housing Hope Scriber Lake Application Materials (CPL-009777-2021 and RZN-009780-2021)(PDF, 5MB)
2021 Legislative Process
The legislative process (Phase 3) is anticipated as follows:
- September 9 – Planning Commission Briefing
- September 23 – Planning Commission Hearing
- October 4 – Council Briefing
- November 8 – Council Hearing
- November 22 – Council Action
There are occasions when meetings may be postponed or items removed from an agenda. It is therefore advised that you confirm that the meeting is going to be held and that this item is on the agenda. Upon reasonable notice to the City Clerk’s Office (425-670-5161), the City will make reasonable effort to accommodate those who need special assistance to attend the Planning Commission meeting.
Planning Commission materials are available on the Boards and Commission calendar. Council materials are available on the Council’s webpage. Public notices and information about attending a public hearing can be found at www.lynnwoodwa.gov/publicnotices.