Hello Kamp Kookamunga Families,
We hope this email finds you well and helps answer any questions you may have regarding Kamp Kookamunga next week. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your camper as we have been working hard to plan fun activities and to make it a week your camper won’t forget!
This summer we have many changes coming to Kamp Kookamunga to ensure all our campers and staff remain healthy and safe. Please take a few moments to read this email to help answer your questions and prepare you for when you arrive on Monday morning.
DROP OFF & PICK UP LOCATION
Your camper will be in our Block 1 next week for camp (groups 1-4). Your drop off location each morning and pick up location each afternoon will be the Basketball Courts at Lynndale Park. Please enter Lynndale Park from 68th and 189th and this will take you straight down to the parking lot. We will have balloons at the top of the road with a sign that directs you down the correct street on Monday morning.
* If you have siblings you are bringing to camp, please drop off all siblings at the youngest siblings drop off/pick up location. (Group 1 will be our youngest campers with Group 12 being our oldest campers.)
Once you arrive at the parking lot you will be directed to two different Check Points:
Check Point #1:
- Confirmation that your camper is registered for camp
- Temperature Check (temperatures must be below 100.3)
- Health Screening Questions
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family been in close contact with someone who has confirmed or suspected Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Does your child/youth have any of the following symptoms currently or in the past 3 days (72 hours)?
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A fever of 100.4 or higher (or a sense of having a fever)
- A sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion/Running Nose (not related to seasonal allergies)
- Unusual fatigue
- Has your child/youth had any medication to reduce a fever before coming to camp?
Once you complete these items and your camper is determined to be healthy you will move on to Check Point #2. If your camper’s temperature is over 100.3, we will ask you to pull over and we will retake your camper’s temperature in 10 minutes. If your camper’s temperature is over 100.3 or you answered yes to any of the questions above, we will ask that you take your camper home for the day and monitor them for 3 days (72 hours) before returning to camp.
Check Point #2:
- Sign In – We will have clean pens for parents to sign in, however, we do highly recommend bringing your own pen to sign in your camper.
- Camper will be told who their counselor is and will exit the car. We will then direct your camper to their counselor who will be waiting for them.
Check Point #1:
- ID Confirmation
- Please have your ID ready to present. This will ensure you are on the pickup list for your camper.
Check Point #2:
- Sign Out – We will have clean pens for parents to sign out, however, we do highly recommend bringing your own pen to sign out your camper.
- Camper will enter your car and you’re free to go!
If your camper is registered for our Extended Care program (before or after care), your drop off and pick location will always be at the Basketball Courts. Please enter Lynndale Park from 68th and 189th and this will take you straight down to the parking lot. We will have a staff member stationed by the parking lot who will greet you when you arrive.
LATE ARRIVALS & EARLY PICK UPS
If you are running late to camp and arrive after 10:00 am, please bring your camper to the Basketball Courts for sign in. You will need to call one of the camp numbers (listed below) and someone will meet you at your car for sign in.
If you are picking your camper up before 3:00 pm for an early pick up, please pick your camper up at the Basketball Courts for sign out. You will need to call one of the camp numbers (listed below) and someone will meet you at your car for sign out.
Please enter Lynndale Park from 68th and 189th and this will take you straight down to the parking lot.
We’ve gone digital! Please make sure your campers General Release Form is filled out on Monday morning before you arrive. If you have not yet filled out paperwork you can do that by clicking here. This form will only need to be completed once for the summer.
Each camper will receive a backpack on Monday morning instead of a camp shirt. Campers are asked to bring these backpacks with them each day to camp so they can carry their sack lunch, water bottles and jacket. Campers will not be using cubbies this year. Please make sure your camper has a sweatshirt or jacket each day in their backpack so they’re prepared for all types of weather!
Per Governor Inslee’s order, all campers will be required to wear masks while at camp. Yes, we know it’s hot and they can be uncomfortable! We will allow campers to step away from the group to bring their masks down and get some nice deep breaths of fresh air! We will also be ensuring all campers get plenty of water breaks throughout the day. If your camper arrives to camp without a mask we will have disposable masks for your camper.
Extended Care AM: 7:00 – 9:30 am
Camp: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Extended Care PM: 3:30 – 6:00 pm
* You must be pre-registered for Extended Care.
Kamp Kookamunga Cell Phone: (425) 754-9496
Kamp Kookamunga Office Phone: (425) 776-6802