Benches: Artist, Michele Van Slyke. Welded steel benches and stools.
In 1890, Alderwood Manor pioneer Paul Schreiber homesteaded 160 acres that included this park site. The lake eventually became known as "Scriber" Lake. At one time there was a resort at the west end of the lake, built by the Barklay family, with a dance hall, rental cabins and swimming pool. In 1966, 196th Street SW was widened, reducing the size of the lake and compromising the water quality. In 1982, the City of Lynnwood purchased 22 acres which included the lake, to protect this natural area as a community park. The first phase of improvements at Scriber Lake Park was completed in May 2013. The lake's original dock, built in 1981, has been replaced with a new floating boardwalk made of environmentally friendly materials that are less costly to maintain and will have a long lifespan. Follow the pathway to the lake, have a seat on the "public art" benches on the boardwalk, and enjoy the peaceful views of the lake.
5322 198th Street Southwest, Lynnwood 98036 View Map
5322 198th Street Southwest ,
Lynnwood's parks are open dawn to dusk.
The City of Lynnwood is partnering with the Lynnwood Parks & Recreation Foundation and EarthCorps to support volunteer projects, a trail renovation, and a future park improvements at Scriber Lake. Click here to learn more.