Reporting a Crime

Screen Capture of Lynnwood Map.JPG

Did the incident happen in the City of Lynnwood? Check the Do I Live in Lynnwood map to verify.

Here are the different ways to report a crime if it took place within the City of Lynnwood.


If there is an immediate emergency threat to life or property, DIAL 9-1-1

  • ANY urgent/emergent medical or fire situation
  • ANY in progress crime, suspicious activity, or anytime a person fears for their safety or the safety of others


For Non-Emergencies, call 425-407-3999 

  • A crime that occurred earlier and there is no suspect information
  • Situations where emergency services personnel are needed but there is no immediate danger to life or property
  • A found pet or property 
  • Illegal firework complaints

Report Online

Lynnwood's online reporting allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report.

We participate in the My Crime Report for Snohomish County  for the purposes of filing a report online. 

Incident types available for online reporting are as follows:

  • Abandoned Vehicles
  • Graffiti (Tagging)
  • Harassing Phone Calls
  • Identity Theft
  • Lost Property
  • No-Injury Hit & Run Accidents
  • Theft from Vehicle/Vehicle Prowling
  • Vandalism
  • Theft under $5,000
  • Shoplift with no suspects or evidence

 Report Online 

Report a Vehicle Collision

Information on how to report collisions

Washington State Law requires that all collisions involving injury, death, or property damage over $1,000 be reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles within ten (10) days.

Washington State Accident Report forms are available from any police Department. You can pick one up anytime at the Lynnwood Police Department.

In most cases, law enforcement responds to these collisions, and a police report/collision report has been completed and forwarded to the Washington State Patrol and Department of Motor Vehicles. If so, you do not need to complete the self-reporting forms.

Online Vehicle Collision Report and Hit and Run with NO suspect vehicle.

If you are involved in a collision that was NOT investigated by law enforcement (Parking lot collision, Hit and Run with no suspect vehicle), you can complete and submit your collision report online at

The website offers a help section, complete with detailed instructions and frequently asked questions about completing a collision report.

Additional questions can be directed to the WSP Collision Records Section at the following email address: