WHAT IS A HOUSING ACTION PLAN?
- The Housing Action Plan is a policy document and implementation guide to address current and future housing needs of the Lynnwood community. A Housing Action Plan (HAP) uses an equity lens to develop clear, actionable strategies to meet current and projected housing needs. Washington State law requires the HAP identify strategies to encourage construction of:
- A greater variety of housing types; and
- Housing at prices that are accessible to people with a wide range of incomes.
WHY IS THE CITY DEVELOPING A HOUSING ACTION PLAN?
- Housing affordability is a high priority for Lynnwood residents and elected officials. While several housing policies and programs are occurring in the City of Lynnwood, there is a need for an updated coordinated housing strategy.
- To address these issues the City of Lynnwood applied for and received a $100,000 grant from the Department of Commerce (under ES2HB 1923) to develop the Housing Action Plan.
WHO IS THE HOUSING ACTION PLAN FOR?
- This plan is for all of Lynnwood - including current and future residents. This summer we asked kids at Kamp Kookamunga to tell us how they envision Lynnwood's future. Here's what they said people about where people will live:
WHAT IS NEXT FOR THE PROJECT?
The Department of Commerce requires the Housing Action Plan be adopted by June 2021. The timeline below identifies project milestones.
Community engagement is an important goal of this project and the City has explored alternative public engagement methods that comply with Governor Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.